Seth Godin’s writing and ideas have been like a force and a movement on the internet. I have one of his quotes pinned on my vision board in front of my desk. One of his mantra’s is ‘just ship’ which I love because done is better than perfect! He’s big on getting your ideas and work out there because we are always running away and trying to get off the hook but once we know we are on the hook; exposed, watched, accountable, judged, we are alive. Recently I singed up for Seth’s Freelancer Course on Udemy. I highly recommend it and it’s completely affordable at US$50.
You can find out more about Seth Godin by going here.
I’ve gathered some quotes that I have found really inspirational and motivating. Hopefully you will like them as well:
- “How dare you settle for less when the world has made it so easy for you to be remarkable. “ – Seth Godin
- “The cost of being wrong is less than the cost of doing nothing.” – Seth Godin (Poke the Box)
- “Reject the Tyranny of being picked, pick yourself.” – Seth Godin
- “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set-up a life you don’t need to escape from.” – Seth Godin
- “Hard work is about risk. It begins when you deal with the things that you’d rather not deal with: fear of failure, fear of standing out, fear of rejection. Hard work is about training yourself to leap over this barrier, tunnel under that barrier, drive through the other barrier. And after you’ve done that, to do it again the next day” – Seth Godin (Whatcha Gonna Do with That Duck?)
- “Creating ideas that spread and connecting the disconnected are the two pillars of our new society, and both of them require the posture of the artist” – Seth Godin (The Icarus Deception)
- “Make a decision. It doesn’t have to be a wise decision or a perfect one. Just make one.” Seth Godin
- “Wouldn’t it be great to be gifted? In fact… It turns out that choices lead to habits. Habits become talents. Talents are labeled gifts. You’re not born this way, you get this way.” – Seth Godin
- “If you need to conceal your true nature to get in the door, understand you’ll probably have to conceal your true nature to keep that job.” – Seth Godin
- “You can either fit in or stand out. Not both.” – Seth Godin (Linchpin)
- “You are not your resume, you are your work.” – Seth Godin
- “The only purpose of starting is to finish, and while the projects we do are never really finished, they must ship.” – Seth Godin (Linchpin)
Image found here