I’m thrilled to announce I’ve been nominated for a blogging award! Thank you to the lovely Blog Diamonds and Duddas who nominated me. The award I’ve been nominated for is a ‘Liebster Award’, which is an award created by bloggersfor bloggers in our community. The goal of the award is to introduce our followers to newer blogs on the internet. Here are the rules:
To accept the nomination you must answer 11 questions as set out by the person that nominated you so here are my responses to the questions set out for me by Jolie:
What is your best piece of advice for new bloggers wanting to get ahead?
- Write as much content as you can and keep it coming every week.
- Spend time on your design and branding. Pick a professional looking theme and use decent pictures for your posts. People do judge a book by its cover.
- Learn about SEO and use keywords.
2 How do you schedule uninterrupted time solely for blogging and do you use any time management apps?
I take my writing seriously, so I make time for it. I will plan ahead a night where I’ll write an article or two and that means switching off the T.V, shutting the door and getting down to business. I treat my paid articles the same as my free content on my blog. Both are important and need to get done. I don’t use any time management apps (maybe I should).
3 What are your favourite social media platforms and what clever tips for gaining engagement can you share?
I like Facebook for the communities I’m a part of and the paid advertising which is a great tool. Best tip is join as many FB groups you can, be active and people will start to notice you.
4 If you could change three things in the world what would they be?
- Poverty & World Hunger.
- Make Housing Affordable.
- Everyone got paid a basic wage so all the creative people in the world didn’t have to have a 9-5 job.
5 What are your favourite blogs that you follow?
The Creative Penn, Positive Writer, Shopify Blog, by Regina just to name a few.
6 What is the best non fiction book you have ever read?
The War of Art by Stephen Pressfield change my life.
7 What are you best organisational tips for blogging and home life?
Tell everyone you don’t want to be disturbed, close the door and get down to business.
8 Finish the sentence, I am most happy when…
I’m at home eating chocolate.
9 What were the biggest challenges with your blog and how did you overcome them?
Choosing a header and creating a logo. I didn’t like my blog for a long time and so I neglected it. Then when I got the design right everything fell into place.
10 What are your best SEO and networking tips?
- Use Buffer to post articles at your most optimum time.
- Use key words your audience will be searching for.
- Befriend influencers. Write articles about them and they will help promote your work because its about them!
11 Random Facts about me:
- I’m not a wine drinker but I love cocktails and a good G n T.
- I worked at a bank for 6 years and hated every minute of it.
- I love ghost stories and the paranormal. I read all the Goosebumps books as a kid.
- I loved watching Unsolved Mysteries in the school holidays.
- I’m obsessed with Ancient Egypt.
- I believe in reincarnation and past lives.
- I only recently put my picture on social media.
- It took me 15 years to accept I’m an introvert.
- I collect coffee table books on Interior Design.
- I love antiques and want to go on an Antique Buying Trip to Paris.
- I’m lazy but hope to overcome it, one day, the day after tomorrow.
The Blogs I nominate are:
Apri Klasen’s Blog:
Questions for the blogs I nominated are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What are your tips for building a popular blog?
- What has been your most popular blog post to date?
- What does your writing routine look like?
- Finish this sentence: I’m happiest when…
- What are your best SEO tips?
- How do you manage blogging and life?
- What are your favourite social media platforms and what clever tips for gaining engagement can you share?
- What are your favourite blogs you follow?
- Best non-fiction book you’ve read?
- Best fiction book you’ve read?